This refreshing cucumber elderflower martini is a delicious way to elevate a classic martini. Made with just a few simple ingredients, this tasty cocktail will be a hit for your next party!
This cucumber elderflower martini is a refreshing cocktail that combines the crispness of cucumber with the delicate floral notes of elderflower. To make this cocktail, you’ll combine vodka with fresh cucumber, elderflower liqueur, and a touch of lime. The result is a light and refreshing cocktail that is perfect for sipping on a warm summer evening. The cucumber provides a subtle coolness that is balanced by the sweetness of the elderflower, while the vodka gives the drink a bit of a kick. This cucumber elderflower martini is a delicious and elegant cocktail that will impress your guests!
Ingredients & Substitutions
- Elderflower liqueur- Elderflower liqueur is a sweet, floral liqueur that is made by steeping elderflowers in alcohol, typically vodka, and sweetening the resulting mixture with sugar.
- Vodka– You can actually use vodka or gin for this martini.
- Cucumber– You can use any type of cucumber but I prefer the mild taste of an English cucumber.
- Basli– I love the fresh, savory flavor of basil in this cocktail.
- Lime juice– This gives it a slightly sour, citrus flavor.
What does Elderflower Liqueur Taste Like?
The flavor of elderflower liqueur is delicate and fragrant, with notes of honey, pear, and citrus. It pairs particularly well with gin, vodka, and sparkling wine, and is a key ingredient in classic cocktails such as the St-Germain Cocktail, which is made with St-Germain elderflower liqueur, sparkling wine, and club soda.
How to Muddle Cucumber
- Cut a fresh cucumber into thin slices, or dice it into small pieces.
- Place the cucumber in a cocktail shaker or a mixing glass.
- Use a muddler or the back of a spoon to press down on the cucumber to release its juices gently.
More Drink Recipes
- Blood Orange Martini– This is great way to play up the citrus flavors in a martini!
- Skinny Chocolate Martini– This tasty martini is pefect when you want something sweet without a lot of sugar.
- Cranberry Tom Collins– I love this twist on a classic gin drink!