Light and refreshing, made with 4 ingredients, and low in sugar. This blood orange martini is a fun cocktail to enjoy for girl’s night or date night! And it is strong too 😉
Okay first of all I know these photos are way different than anything else on my blog. It was my first shoot trying a dark and moody style! What do you think?? Yay or nay? I am kind of becoming obsessed with it and would be really curious to know how you feel.
But okay back to this blood orange martini! This martini recipe is SUPER simple to make, only requires a handful of ingredients, and is the perfect use for those blood oranges this time of year! Such a fun drink I have been loving this one. If you want to try another fun cocktail be sure to check out my cranberry Tom Collins or my healthy chocolate martini. You can also view all of my cocktail and mocktail recipes in the drinks section of the blog.
Ingredients You’ll Need for your Blood Orange Martini:
This cocktail recipe is made with only 4 ingredients, it is a low sugar cocktail, and made with fresh blood orange juice! One of the most refreshing cocktails in my opinion. Here is what you need:
- Blood orange juice – of course! For the best result you will want to use freshly squeezed blood orange juice (I am not even sure stores sell blood orange juice, is that a thing??)
- Vodka – this is the base for this martini recipe, and I think it fits very well with the flavors.
- Triple sec – triple sec is an orange flavored liqueur made from dried orange peels. It is slightly alcoholic and a little sweet, so it adds great flavor to this drink without too much extra booze! But if you do want a stronger version, the brand Cointreau is 40% alcohol (versus other brands which can be as low as 15%)
- Lime juice – to add a little citrus tart to the flavor profile.
- Simple syrup – this is optional, if you want your cocktail a little sweeter.
And that is all you need for this easy blood orange martini recipe, cheers!
Tips for the Perfect Blood Orange Martini:
- Shake, don’t stir – I like this cocktail made in a shaker with ice more than if you just stirred all of the ingredients together.
- Tailor it to you! Is it too tart? Add simple syrup. Is it too strong? Add more blood orange juice. Too strong? Add one less tablespoon of vodka and use a triple sec low in alcohol content! You can really make this cocktail recipe your own.
- Make it a margarita – if you prefer margs, this is also great with tequila 😉
And that is it! Super simple cocktail that you can have ready in 5 minutes, but look super fancy! If. you have any other questions that I didn’t address don’t hesitate to reach out with a comment below or a DM on Instagram. In addition to the listed ingredients, you will need:
- a cocktail shaker (if you want to shake it)
- a martini glass
- a jigger or something to measure with
If you try this recipe please leave a rating and a review in a comment below! It would mean the world to me 🙂 If you remake on Instagram please also tag me at @donutworry_behealthy when you share so I can see your creation!
↓PIN ME FOR LATER↓