This blend of fresh veggies, protein-packed quinoa, and a creamy peanut sauce makes for a great flavorful plant-based protein dinner or meal prep that everyone will love.
This crunchy quinoa salad is a great meal prep option because you don’t have to worry about any soggy greens. This quinoa and shredded veggies can last for hours in the fridge, even after they’re combined with the dressing. So this is a great recipe to pack for lunch!
When you are done with this be sure to check out my ONE PAN chili style quinoa that also gives you a little kick of spice, or if you are looking for something more mellow and fruity try my tropical quinoa made with a honey lemon vinaigrette. Both are also super easy and great dinner or meal prep quinoa salad recipes!
Tips for the Perfect Quinoa Salad
- The sauce can be made with coconut aminos instead of soy sauce, if you want to keep it soy free and gluten free. If you don’t care about soy but want to avoid the gluten that is still found in most soy sauces, try tamari as a gluten-free option.
- To make this recipe vegan, be sure to use maple syrup instead of honey, as listed below.
- You can buy pre-shredded cabbage and pre-shredded carrots if you want to be able to make this recipe faster.
How to Shred Cabbage
- Remove any outer leaves that are damaged or wilted from the cabbage.
- Cut the cabbage in half from top to bottom.
- Place one half of the cabbage, flat side down, on a cutting board.
- Cut out the tough core at the bottom of the cabbage with a sharp knife.
- Thinly slice the cabbage into strips using a sharp knife or a mandoline. You can slice the cabbage into whatever size you prefer.
In addition to the listed ingredients you will need:
- a medium pot
- a whisk (or fork)
- a strainer for chickpeas (optional)
- knife or mandolin to shred veggies