These roasted carrots are a gorgeous side dish to complement any main course. Paired with an easy tahini sauce, and requiring almost zero prep, you can impress your guests and they will never know just how easy it really was.
Roasted vegetables are one of my favorite side dishes. You will find a lot of different options throughout the blog including roasted sweet potatoes (both a sweet and savory option), roasted butternut squash, roasted mix vegetables, and now, carrots!
While all of them are delicious, I really think the carrots make for the most pretty presentation – and that can be half of the fun! These are the perfect healthy Thanksgiving side dish, great to include in a Christmas dinner, or just the perfect easy side dish for a dinner party!
If you need a good, healthy, main course to pair with this side be sure to check out the main courses section of the blog.
Ingredients You’ll Need for your Roasted Carrots & Tahini Sauce:
So I actually included two different tahini sauces in this recipe, so the ingredients will differ depending on which one you go with. Both are fantastic, but I think I have a soft spot for the lemon garlic sauce personally.
- Full sized carrots – you are going to want to try to get carrots that are similar in size so they all require the same cooking time, but that is really the only rule here. I think they are extra fun with rainbow carrots!
- Oil – I have cooked mine in both olive oil and avocado oil, so choose whichever you prefer to use!
Lemon Garlic Tahini Sauce:
- Tahini – of course is the base of our tahini sauce. I love the nutty flavor of tahini and it really adds great flavor to the carrots
- Olive oil – this helps with the consistency of the sauce, plus I love the flavor of a really good olive oil.
- Lemon juice – I love contrasting my flavors with the acidity of lemon. It really adds depth to the sauce.
- Spices – I used garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, and salt. They all combine to really make this sauce so flavorful!
- Water – this is added to make it a little easier to drizzle, and helps our sauce go further. Don’t worry, the flavor does not feel watered down.
Nut Butter Tahini Sauce:
- Tahini – again of course, gotta start the tahini sauce with tahini!
- Nut butter – I love combining tahini with a little bit of nut butter. I think the flavors compliment each other well. If you are nut free though, just use the lemon garlic sauce!
- Apple cider vinegar – this is used similarly to the lemon in the other sauce, the acidity helps balance out and add depth to the flavor of the sauce.
- Olive oil – again to help with both the consistency, and add a little extra flavor.
And that is all you need to make these carrots! If you have any questions on the list of ingredients you need to make the recipe or any substitutions, don’t hesitate to reach out.
Tips for the Perfect Roasted Carrots and Tahini Sauce:
These roasted carrots and tahini sauce are a really easy side dish recipe that I know won’t give you too much trouble, but here are some tips to help ensure you get the perfect batch the first time:
- try to buy carrots that are all similar sizes. If this is not possible, just separate the larger ones from the smaller ones and cook them on different pans. This way you can leave the larger ones in the oven longer. You don’t want to fry the smaller ones, but you want to make sure the larger carrots are cooked all the way through.
- Can’t decide on a sauce? Use both! The first time I served this I just drizzled both sauces over them, and it tasted great!
- For a nut free option, just make sure you use the lemon garlic tahini sauce and not the nut butter one.
And that is it really! If you have any other questions that I didn’t address, don’t hesitate to reach out, that is what I am here for! You can do so by leaving a comment at the bottom of this post, or shoot me a message on Instagram.
In addition to the listed ingredients, you will need:
- a cookie sheet
- tin foil or parchment paper