This easy homemade pizza sauce is ready in 5 minutes! You only need a few simple ingredients to make this flavorful sauce. Try this on your next pizza or serve it as a dip with breadsticks!
Pizza sauce is the foundation of any great pizza, and this simple recipe will help you make a delicious, homemade sauce in no time.
Looking for a healthier pizza option? Try my cauliflower pizza crust recipe. It’s a great low-carb pizza option and it’s an easy way to add a few more veggies to your plate!
How to Make Homemade Pizza Sauce
Pizza sauce is typically made with uncooked tomatoes. This means to make this pizza sauce, all you have to do is whisk together the ingredients until combined! If you’re serving this as a dipping sauce, I recommend heating it up. But if you’re using it for pizza, then you’re ready to go!
Tips for the Best Pizza Sauce
- Don’t substitute the tomato paste: This adds depth of flavor and packs more umami flavor than just tomatoes.
- Use flavorful seasonings: You don’t necessarily have to use fresh herbs but make sure your dried spices are flavorful and fragrant. Adding fresh herbs like basil, oregano, or thyme will enhance the flavor of your sauce. Chop the herbs finely and add them to the sauce once it’s off the heat.
- Don’t add too much salt: Remember that cheese and other toppings will add salt to your pizza, so be careful not to over-salt your sauce.
- Use quality ingredients: Use the best quality canned tomatoes, olive oil, and spices you can afford. This will make a big difference in the flavor of your sauce.
- Experiment with spices: Try adding a pinch of red pepper flakes or fennel seeds to your sauce to give it a unique twist.
Other Ways to Use Pizza Sauce
Here are some ways to use pizza sauce:
- As a dip: Pizza sauce can be used as a dip for breadsticks, mozzarella sticks, chicken wings, and other snacks.
- In pasta dishes: You can use pizza sauce as a base for pasta sauces or as a flavoring ingredient in pasta dishes.
- In casseroles: Pizza sauce can be used as a flavoring ingredient in casseroles, such as lasagna or baked ziti.
- In sandwiches and wraps: Spread pizza sauce on bread or tortillas for a quick and easy sandwich or wrap filling.
- In soups: Add pizza sauce to soups, such as minestrone or tomato soup, for extra flavor and depth.
- In egg dishes: Use pizza sauce as a topping for omelets or frittatas.
- As a pizza base alternative: Instead of using a traditional pizza crust, use pizza sauce as the base for a pizza-inspired dish, such as a pizza-style chicken or veggie bake.
If you try this recipe please leave a comment below letting me know your thoughts! And if you remake on Instagram don’t forget to tag me at @donutworry_behealthy so I can see your creation and share in my stories!
↓PIN ME FOR LATER↓