This Oreo Yogurt Bark is the perfect treat to keep in the freezer! It’s easy to make, and it’s a simple dessert for hot summer days.
I’ve loved the yogurt bark trend and thought making a dessert version using Oreo cookies would be fun. This recipe was so easy but so good! You only need whole milk yogurt, honey, and chocolate sandwich cookies. If you want to take it to the next level, add a splash of vanilla and a sprinkle of espresso powder!
This is also a great way to use Oreos in a dessert recipe that doesn’t require cream cheese! I’ve noticed so many Oreo desserts require cream cheese but if you don’t have any, you’re not out of luck! You can make this yogurt bark.
Tips for Perfect Yogurt Bark
- Be sure to use whole milk yogurt. Low-fat yogurt gets icy when frozen, which isn’t a great texture. Full fat yogurt makes a difference. You can use Greek yogurt or regular yogurt.
- If you’re using plain yogurt, you’ll want to add a sweetener like honey or maple syrup.
- To crush the cookies, place them in a plastic or silicone sandwich bag and use a rolling pin to crush the cookies. A few larger chunks are ok.
Variations and Substitutions
- Make chocolate yogurt bark by adding in cocoa powder to your yogurt!
- You can also add a drizzle of peanut butter for a different twist.
- Try this with other Oreo flavors like mint or birthday cake!