Irish Cream Hot Chocolate Bombs are the perfect cold weather treat to indulge in, and your whole family will love this kid-friendly version!
Hot chocolate is without question one of our family’s top choices of indulgences when it’s cold outside. Those cold Colorado months just would be the same without the chocolate richness of that cozy classic. And now, these Irish Cream Hot Chocolate Bombs are a fun, family friendly way to enjoy our favorite!
Hot chocolate bombs have certainly taken over this season, and my family has definitely enjoyed jumping on the bandwagon! We have made hot cocoa bombs for St. Paddy’s Day, Caramel Mocha bombs, and of course, some for the adults.
If you are a fan of Irish Cream, but want to keep things family friendly, you are absolutely going to love this Non-Alcoholic version!
How To Make Non-Alcoholic Irish Cream Hot Chocolate Bombs
This simple recipe only requires three ingredients and is an absolutely cinch to make at home!
Ingredients Needed: scroll down for full recipe with exact measurements
- dark chocolate chips
- Irish cream hot chocolate mix
- Melt the chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl. Heat for 30 seconds on medium power. Stir well. Repeat until the chocolate is melted and smooth.
- MOLDING – Using a spoon, scoop a spoonful into the cavity of each mold. Draw the chocolate up the sides of the cavity and thoroughly cover the entire inside of each mold. Place in the fridge to set for approximately 10 minutes. Remove from the fridge and use just enough melted chocolate to cover just the inside edge of each of the molds – a double layer right at the top of the mold, right where the seem is going to come into contact with each other and makes a stronger bomb. Set back in the fridge until hardened.
- Remove from the fridge and remove each mold carefully. Set aside.
- ASSEMBLY – Using a small frying pan, heat the pan over medium heat for approximately 20 seconds – just enough to warm up the pan. Place one of the chocolate halves upside down in the frying pan to melt off just the edge and create a smooth, flat edge. Remove after just a few seconds and place on a wire rack. Fill the chocolate half with the Irish cream hot chocolate mix, approximately one tablespoon worth per bomb. Place another empty half shell upside down on the frying pan and melt the edges for just a few seconds until smooth. Place that half immediately on top of the half filled with hot chocolate mix. Set in place and gently press together. Using a clean finger, smooth the seem to clean up any excess melted chocolate and cover any thin edges. Set aside. Repeat with all remaining chocolate halves.
- DECORATE – Using the remaining left over melted chocolate, place in a piping bag or a sandwich bag. Snip off a very small hole in the tip and quickly drizzle the melted chocolate across each of the bombs. Immediately follow up with sprinkles before the chocolate sets. Allow the chocolate to harden before removing and placing in packaging.
- TO USE – Place the bomb in a mug. Slowly pour over 8-12 ounces of hot milk. Stir until the chocolate melts and mixture is smooth. Enjoy!
What exactly is a Hot Chocolate Bomb?
So, a hot chocolate bomb is normally made up of a hollow chocolate shell that has been decorated and filled with dry hot chocolate mix, optional additional flavorings, and of course mini marshmallows. You put the chocolate bomb in a mug and then pour either hot milk or hot water over the top and it melts away, leaving a deliciously cream cup of cocoa and marshmallows.
How to Use an Irish Cream Hot Chocolate Bomb to Make Cocoa
To turn the bombs into a warm cup of cocoa, you are going to follow steps very similar to making a regular cup of cocoa that you just mix in with a spoon. First, you’ll heat your milk (or water) in a saucepan (or microwave) over medium heat just until the edge of the milk begins to bubble. Then carefully pour your warmed liquid of choice over the hot chocolate bomb in a mug and stir until the bomb has completely melted and everything is mixed.Print