These no bake gingerbread cookies are soft and fudgy, bursting with holiday flavor, and are made with a mix of almond flour and coconut flour. They are gluten free, vegan, refined sugar free, and ready in minutes!
Whether you are leaving these under the tree for Santa, or you want a really quick treat to bring to your 100th family gathering you forgot about, or you just want a delicious cookie that you can make with your kids because it is that easy, these no bake gingerbread cookies are for you!
I love this recipe because it is super festive and flavorful, but it is SO easy to make because It uses minimal ingredients and doesn’t require baking! I don’t know what more we could ask for during such a busy time of year.
If you want another easy Christmas cookie recipe be sure to check out my superfood Christmas cookies – these are festive green and red (do require a quick trip in the oven) and only use a couple ingredients! Or if you are looking for some non-cookie great holiday dessert options, be sure to check out my single serve apple crisp and my mini gingerbread cakes!
Happy holiday (no) baking!
Ingredients You’ll Need for No Bake Gingerbread Cookies:
- Almond flour – this is our base for the cookies
- Coconut flour – this adds a little extra texture plus a little sweetness
- Agave – this is what we use to sweeten the cookie
- Non dairy milk – to help combine the ingredients and add moisture
- Nut butter – also helps combine and adds great flavor 🙂
And everything that makes gingerbread, well, gingerbread!
- I wouldn’t sub the flours in this case, these two make the best texture for no bake cookies. But if you only have almond flour you could do that in place of the coconut flour, just taste and make sure they still feel sweet enough!
- The agave could be swapped for maple syrup, honey, or more molasses, but the flavor might be a little different!
- Feel free to use any milk you want! I have used both almond and cashew milk.
- The spices you need to make the gingerbread flavor, but you can also find gingersnap spices out there which has all of these combined! Just start with 1-2 teaspoons, taste, and add more as needed.
Tips for the Perfect No Bake Gingerbread Cookies!
In the spirit of these cookies being your go-to this holiday season when you are short on time, I am keeping this post short too. But in the same spirit, I wanted to make sure I shared all my tips to get you the perfect batch the first time! No time for redos. So here is what I got for you:
- I use a drippy nut butter when I make these. Since they are thinner/more liquidy they are easily spreadable. If yours is thicker you can try microwaving it to melt it down a little, add a little coconut oil to it to thin it out, or just plan to use more milk!
- If you do microwave your nut butter – do so in short increments (like 20 seconds) and check – you don’t want to burn it!
- Feel free to taste as you go! Mix everything together, and before you make your cookies, taste them! There are no eggs here so it’s no problem. This allows you to add extra spices if you want the flavor stronger.
- Add milk at your own discretion. I like the texture of the dough that my recipe below created (obviously!) but add the milk slowly, and when you think you’ve got the perfect dough feel free to stop – or add more than I did!
- Store in the fridge for the best texture
In addition to the listed ingredients, you will need:
- a mixing bowl
- a spoon or fork to mix with
- a cookie sheet
- parchment paper
That’s it, let’s go!Print
If you try this recipe, please leave a comment below letting me know your thoughts! If you remake on Instagram don’t forget to tag me at @donutworry_behealthy so I can see your creation and share in my stories!
↓PIN ME FOR LATER↓