This chocolate tart recipe is SO easy, the sea salt chocolate filling is made with only THREE ingredients, it’s vegan, and has a biscoff cookie crust! It is a healthy dessert recipe that looks fancy but is actually so simple to make.
Chocolate is my love language. If I could eat chocolate for breakfast, lunch, and dinner believe me I would. I have the biggest sweet tooth and dark chocolate is probably my fave. So if you love chocolate too this is a recipe you are going to LOVE. This chocolate tart recipe is alllllll about the chocolate. We only use a couple ingredients and the main one is chocolate! So get ready for a good time.
If you want to try some other great chocolate recipes be sure to check out my double chocolate mug cake, my hot chocolate french toast, my salted caramel chocolate thumbprint cookies and my chocolate covered frozen bananas.
Ingredients You’ll Need for your Mini Sea Salt Chocolate Tarts:
Can you believe these tarts are only made with SIX ingredients total?! Like even including the sea salt. Tarts always look so extravagant and difficult to me, but this one is proof that they don’t have to be!
- Biscoff cookies – These cookie crumbs make the BEST cookie crust! But you could swap with any similar sized cookie probably if you wanted to try something else!
- Coconut oil – I used coconut oil to mix with the cookies to help form the crust that will keep its shape.
- Maple syrup – I used maple syrup to sweeten the crust without adding any more refined sugar (there is some in the cookies). You could swap this out for any sticky sweetener like agave, or honey if you aren’t vegan.
- Dark chocolate – Of course for a chocolate tart you are going to need chocolate! I love really dark chocolate so that is what I used. But all I recommend here is using a chocolate that you like. We aren’t mixing any sweetener in with it so you want to make sure you like the chocolate as-is. If that means using a less-dark chocolate or even a milk chocolate (if you don’t need this to be vegan) then go for it!
- Almond milk – I mixed my chocolate with almond milk to make the chocolate ganache filling for the tart. You can definitely swap this out for coconut milk, and probably any dairy free milk will work just fine!
Tips for the Perfect Mini Sea Salt Chocolate Tarts:
- Grind the cookies into really fine crumbs – I put my cookies in my food processor and let it go for probably about 5 minutes. I wanted the crumbs to be really fine so they’d stick together and form a solid crust (I have had issues with cookie crusts in the past and was determined for this one to work – it did!)
- Use chocolate you like – I already explained this in the ingredient section and it might sound silly/obvious, but we aren’t adding anything except almond milk to the chocolate for the ganache filling, so you want to use a chocolate you like! If that means not going super dark, that is fine!
And that is it! If you have a question that I didn’t address above, don’t hesitate to reach out and ask, that is what I am here for! You can do so by leaving a comment at the end of this blog post, or shoot me a DM on Instagram.
In addition to the listed ingredients, you will need:
- 4 mini tart pans
- cooking spray to grease
- a food processor
- a cookie sheet to bake on
- a small sauce pan
- something to stir with on the stove
If you try this recipe please leave a rating and a review in a comment below! It would mean the world to me 🙂 If you remake on Instagram please also tag me at @donutworry_behealthy when you share so I can see your creation!
↓PIN ME FOR LATER↓