Usher in the holiday season with one of our tried-and-true classics. These mini pumpkin pies are the perfect grab-and-go dessert for your next Fall gathering.
These perfectly portioned mini pumpkin pies make for an ideal, no clean-up dessert for your next gathering so you can spend more time with your guests, and less time running the dishwasher.
Why You Will Love These Mini Pumpkin Pies
- Easy to make
- Adorably sized
- All your favorite fall flavors of pumpkin and spice
- No fuss dessert cleanup
How to Make Mini Pumpkin Pies
- Roll out your pie dough and use a 3” round cookie cutter to cut out 12 discs. You’ll need to take the cutoffs and roll it out again to get 12.
- Place each disk into a cupcake pan and press gently into the cavity.
- Refrigerate your cupcake tray while you prep your pumpkin pie filling.
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- In a bowl, combine cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves, salt, pureed pumpkin, buttermilk and eggs and mix well.
- After 20 minutes take the cupcake tray out of the fridge and place 1 tablespoon of pumpkin filling into each crust.
- Bake at 400 for 10 minutes, then turn down the temperature to 325 °F for another 10 minutes
- Once done, remove from the oven and let the mini pies completely cool off (3 hours minimum)
- Next, make your frosting! Add cream, vanilla and powdered sugar to a bowl and beat until you see stiff peaks form
- Add your frosting to a piping bag (or a resealable bag with the corner snipped off) and pipe little dollops of cream onto each mini pumpkin pie.
- Dust with a pinch of Pumpkin Pie Spice and enjoy!
Serving suggestion: Since these pies are topped with a cream frosting, they are best enjoyed cold and not heated.
Substitutions and Variations
Can I use my own pie crust recipe?
Definitely. I usually use a refrigerated pie crust to make things quicker but if you have a great pie crust go ahead and use that!
Can I use fresh pumpkin puree?
You could, although it’ll be a little more watery. I have not made it using fresh pumpkin so I can’t tell you exactly how much to use, but I would definitely make sure the cooked pumpkin has completely cooled before you start using it.
Can I use this recipe for a normal 9″ Pumpkin Pie?
You can. Instead of cutting out the smaller crusts, keep it whole and line the pie dish. Bake at 375°F for about 50 minutes. You may need to protect the edges of the crust halfway, keep an eye on it.
Due to the cream, these mini pumpkin pies should be stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 4 days.Print