If you didn’t believe chocolate bombs could get any better, then our Lemon Kit Kat Hot Chocolate Bombs should be next on your treat list!
Lemon Kit Kat Hot Chocolate Bombs are a uniquely delicious treat! Once you get a taste of these rich, citrusy rock stars, you’ll ditch your other hot chocolate bomb recipes in a heartbeat.
Why You Will Love These Lemon Kit Kat Hot Chocolate Bombs
- Only 4 Ingredients required
- Great for celebrations, holidays, and birthdays
- Perfect for lemon lovers
The idea came to mind after creating our No-Bake Lemon Pie. After pouring the lemon-flavored instant pudding and cool whip mixture into the graham cracker crust and the aroma gave me all sorts of sugary citrus vibes, I wanted to try this mixture in everything. And with a bit of leftover hot chocolate mix from our Caramel Mocha Hot Cocoa Bombs.
I decided to test the two together, and viola, Lemon Kit Kat Hot Chocolate Bombs were born!
How to Make Lemon Kit Kat Hot Chocolate Bombs
- Microwave safe bowl
- Silicone mold
- Piping bag
For full instructions, please view the recipe card below
- Using a microwave-safe bowl, melt your candy melts until completely melted, then spoon 1 tablespoon into one half of your silicone mold. Continue until all molds are filled.
- Place the silicone mold into the freezer to allow to harden while cutting your Kit Kats in half.
- Remove the silicone molds from the freezer and separate it from the chocolate before filling the chocolate cups with hot chocolate mix.
- Once all cups are filled, add your Kit Kats and marshmallows and seal with an empty bomb shell with melted chocolate piped onto the rim.
- Gently place the remaining melted chocolate on top and then finally top off with the remaining Kit Kat sticks and sprinkles.
- Place the cocoa bombs into the freezer to set, and once ready to use remove them from their storage container and cover with hot milk Lemon Hot Chocolate Bombs make fun party favors as well as decadent treats to celebrate major milestones.
Whether ringing in an anniversary, celebrating a graduation, or enjoying a birthday, other do-it-yourself Hot Chocolate Bomb recipes just won’t compare after trying your hand at our Lemon Kit-Kate Hot Chocolate Bombs!
The marshmallow, Kit Kat blend paired with the white chocolate makes you feel like you’re eating a gourmet lemon blonde and with the citrus flavoring thrown in, these creative hot chocolate bombs become a refreshing treat to enjoy outside of celebratory events.
Hence why we said you’d stash half the batch away.
For personal enjoyment, I like to pair those Lemon Kit Kat Hot Chocolate Bombs with Vanilla Lavender Caramel Sauce as the lavender extract and heavy cream make a perfect base to place your bombs on top of. And once you spoon up a mix of the white chocolate and lavender caramel sauce you won’t be able to stop eating. It’s just that delicious!
Here are a few extra bakery pairings that would work well with the Lemon Kit Kat Hot Chocolate Bombs.
Maybe you’ve tried lemon frosted Banana Bars or Banana and Lemon Meringue Pie, but I promise you that neither can hold a candle to our Banana Foster Caramel Sauce and Lemon Kit Kat Hot Chocolate Bomb pairing. Vanilla and Banana Extract peeps out of the caramel glaze once you pour your hot milk on top of the bombs and the added benefit of the mini marshmallow is like adding icing to the cake.
We highly recommend using a bowl for this mix, so that you won’t go chasing your warm caramel sauce around the plate with a spoon and miss out on the warmness of the other ingredients.
The only thing that I’d like to note here is to ensure you make your chocolate molds thick enough to hold the inner ingredients. Most times, when the hot cocoa bomb molding is too thing you develop cracks along the edges which will become problematic while in their storage container.
And speaking of storage containers, you want to make sure that you place your Lemon Kit Kat Hot Chocolate Bombs in an air-tight storage container to ensure that they don’t spoil quickly in the refrigerator.Print