A vegan, refined sugar free chocolate avocado pudding topped with gluten free chocolate cookie crumbs that’s finished off with no added sugar gummy bears, the perfect treat for your kids that you’ll love serving and they’ll love eating!
Okay who else loves Halloween?! I absolutely LOVE it. Honestly Halloween was one of the things that made me most excited about owning a house in a neighborhood. I don’t love Halloween because I want to dress up and go out necessarily, but I LOVE having trick or treaters come to our house and interacting with all of the kiddos in the neighborhood. It just makes my heart so happy.
But of course we know that with Halloween also comes a lot of candy. And with a lot of candy comes a lot of sugar. And while I am all about indulging in a few Twix bars and Snickers, of course what I love is taking normal treats and making them healthier. So that is what I did here! I took the normal pudding dirt cup recipe that is made from a chocolate pudding, chocolate cookie crumbs and gummy worms and made it a treat that you will feel a lot better about giving to your kids (or honestly keeping for yourself!). And I promise your kids will still absolutely love it. So let’s get to it.
Ingredients You’ll Need for your Healthy Pudding Dirt Cup:
- Chocolate avocado pudding – you can use my recipe linked, it is so easy to make! All you need for this avocado pudding is 4 ingredients: avocados, cocoa powder, maple syrup, and salt.
- Chocolate cookies – you can use Trader Joe’s gluten free Joe Joe’s or now Oreo’s actually also have a gluten free version. So both will work! Or any other gluten free chocolate cookie you like 🙂
- Gummy worms – so I have two brands of “healthified” gummy worms that I love. The first ones are Lily’s Sweets new sour gummy worms. Omg so good. They have no added sugar, are sweetened with stevia, are gluten free and they’re just so good. They are also vegan! I also love Smart Sweets gummy worms, they are equally low in sugar and are gluten free but please not these ones are not vegan so if that is important to you make sure you go with Lily’s!
And seriously – that is all you need! Easy peasy.
Tips for the Perfect Healthy Pudding Dirt Cup:
- Use ripe avocados for your pudding – you will see this tip in the blog post for that recipe if you check it out but I will say it here too! This will help your pudding be extra creamy.
- Scrape the creme off of your cookies – we just want the “dirt” from the crushed cookies, we don’t need the creme!
- And that being said, buy full sized cookies. The first time I made this I decided to use these mini cookies I have and wow I spent a lot of time scraping off creme.
- Assemble in a glass jar – if you can. It makes it more fun because whoever you are serving to is able to see all of the layers!
And that is it! This recipe is super easy and doesn’t require any baking and only 6 ingredients (including all of the ingredients for the pudding). What more could you ask for in the perfect Halloween treat?! But if you do have questions that I didn’t answer don’t hesitate to reach out via a comment below or a DM on Instagram, I am here to help!
In addition to the listed ingredients, you will need:
- a blender or food processor
- a knife to scrape the cookies
- glass jars to assemble
If you try this recipe please leave a rating and a review in a comment below! It would mean the world to me 🙂 If you remake on Instagram please also tag me at @donutworry_behealthy when you share so I can see your creation!
↓PIN ME FOR LATER↓