These Easy Halloween Cookies with Sprinkles are soft, chewy, and the perfect festive addition to your Halloween parties! All your little ghouls and goblins will gobble them up!
These soft and chewy Halloween Sprinkle Cookies are the perfect option for a festive holiday dessert! These made-from-scratch sugar cookies are ready to go in just about an hour! They are the perfect option for a quick treat to share with family or friends, or as a last-minute addition to the kids classroom party! I mean, what kid doesn’t love sprinkles??
Why you will love this easy Halloween cookies:
- Soft & chewy sugar cookies all dressed up for Halloween
- Quick and easy to make
- Great for kids to help with
- Perfect to package up and take on the go for parties
How to Make Halloween Sprinkle Cookies
- Make the Dough – You are going to mix together the butter and sugars, then add in the egg and vanilla. These cookies have just the right amount of vanilla flavor! Lastly you are going to mix in the dry ingredients; the flour, baking powder, and salt. Your dough will be crumbly at this point, that’s ok. Gently stir in the chocolate chips.
- Add the Halloween Fun – This is the part the kids will love to help with! You are going to split your cookie dough into three portions. To each portion you are going to add one of the food colorings, so you end with three different colors of dough. Then you take a small portion of each dough and gently roll them together to form one swirled cookie dough ball. Complete the steps until all of the cookies are formed, and you are out of dough. Then you take the dough and roll them in the mix of sprinkles. Place the cookie dough balls on a greased baking sheet and then let them chill in the fridge for about 30 minutes.
- Bake the Cookies – While the dough is chilling, preheat your oven. Then you will bake the cookies for about 15-18 minutes. To make sure the cookies stay soft and chewy, you want to pull them out right as the edges are starting to turn golden brown. If you watch the tops of the cookies, you want to pull them out once the tops don’t have that ‘glossy’ look. Then let your cookies cool on the pan for about 5 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
How to Store Leftover rcookies
These Halloween Sprinkle Cookies will stay delicious for about 3-4 days, even though they probably won’t last that long. You will want to store them at room temperature in an airtight Tupperware container or large Ziploc bag.
Variations and Substitutions
Since the base of this recipe is a simple sugar cookie, you can swap out the food coloring and sprinkles to match any season for a year-round dessert! Here are a few of our favorite swaps:
- Christmas – sub red and green food coloring with holiday sprinkles
- Valentine’s Day – go pink and red with heart sprinkles for a lovely treat
- 4th of July – use red and blue food coloring, leaving one portion of dough ‘white’ and add in star sprinkles
Looking for more Craveable Cookies?
- Mummy Shortbread Cookies
- 3-Ingredient Halloween Ghost Cookies
- Pumpkin Snickerdoodle Cookies
- Giant Cookies and Crème Cookies