Your classic chocolate bark, but better. White chocolate mixed with peppermint extract and rice cereal gives this crispy peppermint bark a little something extra. Don’t forget to top with crushed candy cane for that festive feel!
It is that time of year and I love it! So much festive baking going on and I just think it is so much fun. When you are sick of baking though, that is where this great NO BAKE crispy peppermint bark comes in. Such an easy treat to throw together, perfect to get the kids’ help with, and it I seriously SO tasty! Neil won’t stop eating it and that is how you know it is good because he doesn’t eat sweets 😛
If you are looking for some other fun festive treats be sure to check out my peppermint cocoa rice krispies and my no bake gingerbread cookies! You can also find all of my festive dishes on my holiday recipes page.
Ingredients for Crispy Peppermint Bark:
- White chocolate – can’t have bark without chocolate! I used white chocolate for this bark and I used Lily’s Sweets- it is a refined sugar free option (but does contain dairy!)
- Rice cereal – for the crisp! You can use regular old Rice Krispy cereal or I like One Degree Organics brown rice crisps for a gluten free option
- Peppermint extract – to make the chocolate taste like peppermint of course!
- Candy cane – gives it an extra crunch and a festive look
- You can definitely sub the white chocolate for a milk or dark chocolate if you prefer. Using a dark chocolate can also make this dairy free and vegan for you!
- If you want a crunch but not in the rice cereal kind of way, feel free to use pretzels. These will be crunchier and add a little saltiness to the bark.
- Keep the peppermint extract so you get that fun flavor! You can also use a mint chocolate CBD if you are feeling fun 😛
- You can omit the candy cane for a refined sugar free option, I’d just try to find something else you can put on to make it feel festive! (maybe dried cranberries and pumpkin seeds like in my nut butter bark recipe)
Tips for the Perfect Crispy Peppermint Bark!
- Do not burn the chocolate. that is definitely rule number one. If you are microwaving (that is what I did) use a microwave safe bowl and do it in 30 second increments. It doesn’t need to look fully melted to be done, stir it each time. Once it is about 90% melted, stirring will help dissolve the rest. If you are doing it on the stove, use the double boiler method.
- Put parchment paper on your cookie sheet. I hope this is obvious, but in case not, this is also a must. You need to put it on parchment paper so you can get it off your pan!
- Play with the rice cereal – if you want it super crispy – add more! As long as it is all covered by chocolate you are good.
- To crush your candy cane – I just put mine in a little baggie and hit them with the back of a spoon. You don’t have to hit hard for it to break!
If you have any other questions on something I didn’t cover feel free to reach out via a comment below or a DM on Instagram and ask!
In addition to the listed ingredients, you will need:
- a microwave safe bowl
- a spoon
- a rubber spatula
- parchment paper
- a baggie
If you try this recipe please leave a rating and a review in a comment below! It would mean the world to me 🙂 If you remake on Instagram please also tag me at @donutworry_behealthy when you share so I can see your creation!
↓PIN ME FOR LATER↓