Your favorite comfort food made easy. This lasagna soup is creamy and cozy and full of (gluten free) noodles and cheese. With a vegan option, this soup is for everyone!
I have a love hate relationship with lasagna. I LOVE to eat it, but kind of sometimes hate to make it 🙂 truth be told I have never made a regular lasagna because I didn’t want to hassle with the noodles. BUT I have a really good vegetarian zucchini noodle lasagna you can check out if you are feeling adventurous. I just love this lasagna soup because it brings you all that coziness and flavor but with so much less effort! And it is healthy too. Need a side to pair with this? Try this burrata caprese salad!
If you like a healthy comfort food recipe that is an easy to make dinner, this one is for you!
Ingredients For Creamy Lasagna Soup:
- Lasagna noodles – I used Banza’s chickpea noodles for an option that is not only gluten free, it is higher in protein and fiber!
- Onion – for flavor!
- Vegetable broth – to make this into a soup of course!
- Diced tomatoes
- Tomato paste
- Spices – I used an Italian seasoning blend, salt, and garlic. The blend I love using in pasta dishes and the others just deliver even more flavor!
- Parsley – fresh herbs are my favorite to add to dishes, they bring so much flavor and an extra kick of nutrients!
- Dairy free milk – we add this on top of the broth to make it extra creamy. I used almond milk but you can use any variety!
- Spinach – I don’t know about you, but I always have some greens in my lasagna!
- Cheese – I used both ricotta and mozzarella blended into the broth to make this soup extraaaa creamy.
- If you are not gluten free, feel free to use any lasagna noodle!
- If you don’t need this to be vegan, feel free to use chicken broth in place of veggie broth.
- Italian seasoning is just a blend of basil, marjoram, oregano, rosemary, sage, and thyme. So if you don’t have it you can play with these to get the same flavor. I just like taking short cuts sometimes 🙂
- Ricotta and mozzarella – for a vegan/dairy free option, just use a vegan version of both of these! Luckily there are lots of great brands out there these days.
Tips to Make This Creamy Lasagna Soup!
Let’s just say this is WAY easier than making a lasagna 🙂 so that is good! But here are some tips so you get the perfect batch the first time:
- Don’t use the whole pack (9 oz) of lasagna noodles. I did this the first time I made this and everything seemed great at first. Until I ended up with a pasta dish and no broth 😛 the noodles will absorb the broth so start with 1/2 and go up to 3/4 of the pack if you want more (you can also always add more broth and/or milk but you just might want to add more seasoning if you do that!)
- Use vegan ricotta and mozzarella for a vegan option! There are so many great brands out there now, this should be so easy to do.
- Don’t drain your tomatoes! It adds some good liquid we can use.
- Once you are mostly done, taste it! Add more salt and/or Italian seasonings if you’d like. Maybe even some ground pepper!
Looking for something to serve this soup with? Try these Italian stuffed peppers!
In addition to the listed ingredients, you will need:
- a large pot or dutch oven
- something to stir with
- a knife for your veggies
- a can opener
I hope you enjoy your cozy meal!Print
If you try this recipe please leave a rating and a review in a comment below! It would mean the world to me 🙂 If you remake on Instagram please also tag me at @donutworry_behealthy when you share so I can see your creation!
↓PIN ME FOR LATER↓