Healthy cookies n cream flavored banana ice cream made with only a few simple ingredients and packed with plant based protein – super creamy and flavorful and it is a summer dessert you will want to eat all year long!
This post is sponsored by my friends at Life Extension. All opinions expressed are my own.
It is full on summer time and the Georgia heat is no joke. And I am sure no matter where you live you are probably looking for ways to cool down right about now. And nothing is more perfect than a nice cold creamy ice cream for dessert after a long day in the sun! Except one thing. Ice cream that is healthy for you. This cookies n cream flavored banana ice cream gives you the best of both worlds! Called “nice cream” because not only is it super delicious, it is made with ingredients you will feel good about too. It is also a vegan ice cream as well as gluten and refined sugar free, so it can be enjoyed by just about anyone!
If (or should I say when) you decide you are officially a nice cream convert after trying this recipe, be sure to check out my nut butter cookie dough nice cream. Or you can also cool down with my chocolate covered frozen bananas (a kid favorite!) or my no bake key lime pie bars.
Ingredients You’ll Need for Cookies N Cream Protein Nice Cream:
- Bananas – in case you didn’t know, nice cream basically means banana ice cream. We use frozen bananas as our creamy base!
- Vanilla – the protein will give you a lot of vanilla flavor, but I think adding some vanilla extract gives it a little something extra too.
- Milk – I used cashew milk. You can sub for any plant based milk that you like, this just helps break down the bananas a little and makes it extra creamy!
- Protein – I used Life Extension’s Wellness Code® Plant Protein Complete Amino Acid Complex because it is made from sustainable plant-based pea protein, it is also gluten free, has 18g of protein per serving and is super delicious! Note: These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.
This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
- Chocolate Creme Cookies – I used a generic brand that was gluten free. You can use any brand that you want, just find one that is gluten free if that is important to you!
And that is it! Seriously!
Tips for the Perfect Cookies N Cream Protein Nice Cream:
- Use a vanilla protein that you actually like – this will be a big part of giving it the vanilla flavor base of cookies n cream so you want to like it!! I recommend the Life Extension one I linked above.
- Use gluten free cookies to keep it gluten free – lots of brands make these cookies gluten free now!
- If you want to be able to scoop it, you are going to want to freeze it for a while – I compare eating it right away to soft serve, and putting it in the freezer for a couple of hours to hard ice cream.
- Use a high speed blender – I used my food processor and put it on puree, and then pulsed it on high with the cookies in it. You want it to be creamy!
- Not getting creamy? – Add a little more milk!
And that is it! If you have any other questions that those tips didn’t answer, feel free to leave a comment below or shoot me a message on Instagram, I am here to help!
In addition to the listed ingredients, you will need:
- your freezer
- a high speed blender or food processor
- a bread pan or something else to hold the nice cream
- parchment paper to line your dish
I hope this dessert keeps you cool all summer long!Print
If you try this recipe please leave a rating and a review in a comment below! It would mean the world to me 🙂 If you remake on Instagram please also tag me at @donutworry_behealthy when you share so I can see your creation!
↓PIN ME FOR LATER↓