These cookies and cream brownies are fudgy and decadent but completely gluten free. These are the perfect treat for any occasion!
Do yourself a favor and stop whatever it is you are currently doing and MAKE THESE BROWNIES. Yall I am not joking when I say that I think these are the best brownies I have ever had. They are so perfectly fudgy and the cookies n cream takes them to a whole new level.
If you’ve ventured around my blog you already probably know that I love a good brownie. So if you are interested in trying some other varieties be sure to check out my chocolate zucchini brownies to get your greens in, my worlds best brownie that have a fun secret ingredient that may come in handy if you are in to juicing, and my cbd infused brownies to get your zen on.
Ingredients You’ll Need for Healthy Cookies N Cream Brownies:
- Gluten Free Joe Joes – to make the cookies in cream flavor, we need some good cookies! These are Trader Joe’s alternative to Oreos. But I think Oreos also have a gluten free option now if you want to go for those!
- Almond flour – this is the base of our brownie. I love almond flour in brownies because it really helps make them fudgy and decadent! Almond flour is pretty unique so I wouldn’t recommend subbing.
- Cocoa powder – for the chocolatey flavor of course! I use unsweetened. You can also use cacao powder for even more nutritional benefits!
- Chocolate chips – we melt chocolate chips straight into the batter for this recipe! Be sure to use vegan dark chocolate chips if you want to keep this dairy free.
- Eggs – to help bind the brownies and help them rise. I have not tried these with a vegan egg alternative.
- Coconut sugar – my sweetener of choice for these brownies because it is not refined, and it makes them nice and moist and fudgy! The only refined sugar in these brownies are in the cookies we add in.
- Coconut oil – I used this for my oil because it provides a lot of healthy fats to the brownies while also helping make the texture so great. Your brownies will not taste like coconut I promise!
- Baking powder – to help them rise!
- Salt – salt adds depth to our other flavors in baked goods.
Tips for the Perfect Healthy Cookies n’ Cream Brownies:
Here are my tips to help make sure you get the perfect healthy brownie every time!
- For the “cookies n cream” part of these brownies I used Gluten free Joe Joe’s from Trader Joes. They are basically like a gluten free Oreo. You can use any cookie that you want – just make sure it fits your dietary needs and make sure the box is big enough because we are using it all! Oreo also now has their own gluten free version. Both of these cookies are vegan, but they are not refined sugar free. This is the only source of refined sugar in this recipe!
- I used my food processor to chop the cookies into really little pieces but if you don’t have one you can always throw them in a plastic bag and have yourself a whole lot of fun smashing them up 🙂 great stress reliever!
- Don’t try to sub the almond flour – almond flour is pretty unique and I haven’t tried any subs yet that I know will work.
- Use room temperature eggs! It helps make the great texture. If you didn’t plan ahead just soak your eggs in warm water for about 5 minutes and they will be good to go.
- Melt, then cool, both your coconut oil and chocolate chips. You don’t need to let them go back to room temp (the chocolate would harden) but you don’t want them to be so hot they start cooking your eggs!
I think that is everything, but if you have a question I didn’t cover don’t hesitate to reach out! You can leave a comment below or shoot me a DM on Instagram with any questions you have!
In addition to the listed ingredients, you will need:
- an 8×8 baking pan
- parchment paper
- food processor or plastic bag and some arm strength 🙂
I hope these brownies make all of your gluten free dessert dreams come true!Print