Fun and kid-approved! A simple cookie with in a cookie, showcasing an American classical cookie.
ANIMAL CRACKER SUGAR COOKIES
- 1 cup of butter – melted
- 1 2/3 cups of sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons of Vanilla
- 3 cups of flour
- 2 teaspoons of cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 3 Tablespoons of Nonpareils
- 16 Circus Animal cookies – crushed
- 1 package of Circus Animal cookies – for topping cookies
- In the mixing bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the melted butter, and sugar, until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, and mix until smooth and creamy. Add Vanilla and mix until well blended. IN a separate bowl add the flour, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda, and pinch of salt, and stir altogether until completely blended. Add the flour mixture to the mixing bowl, a little at a time, until all the flour has been added, and mix well. Scrape down the sides of bowl, and mix again. Remove the mixing bowl from the stand mixer, and gently fold in the Nonpareils, and the crushed Animal cookies.
- Drop by the Tablespoonful onto an un-greased cookie sheet, and bake at 350 for 12 – 14 minutes, or until light golden brown. When cookies are almost done, remove cookie sheet, and place an animal cookie in the center of each cookie. Place cookie sheet back in the oven for 1 minute, then remove cookies to a wire rack to cool.
- When cookies are cool, serve, and Enjoy!
- Makes approximately 24 cookies
These cookies are so good, and they’re really cute for a cookie table, or buffet. They’re really easy to make, and they’ll be a hit, because everyone will love them. They make a great addition to ice cream, or on the side of a milk shake, or just a big glass of milk. But no matter what you pair them with they’re sure to be a favorite. Keep this recipe handy to make again and again!
See the link to the Animal cookies, and Nonpareils. You can find the cookies at most grocery stores, and at Sam’s clubs.