These tasty churros can be made in your own kitchen for an irresistible treat! Covered in cinnamon and sugar, this Spanish classic is a wonderful dessert!
Churros are a sweet snack made from choux pastry that is fried and covered with cinnamon and sugar. These are such a fun snack, and they’re actually pretty easy to make! The hardest part is frying if you’re not used to frying things in oil. But trust me, it’s worth it!
While it’s certainly convenient to pick up churros from a local street vendor or bakery, making homemade churros can be a fun and rewarding experience that is well worth the effort.
When you make churros at home, you have complete control over the quality and freshness of the ingredients. You can use the best quality flour, fresh eggs, and high-quality chocolate for dipping sauces, ensuring that your churros are delicious and fresh.
Homemade churros are often more cost-effective than buying them from a bakery or street vendor. Once you have the equipment and ingredients, you can make a large batch of churros for a fraction of the cost of buying them.
The Best Dips for Churros
Churros are a delicious treat on their own, but they’re even better when paired with a tasty dip. Here are some popular dips for churros that you can try:
- Caramel sauce: Another popular dip for churros is caramel sauce. You can use store-bought caramel sauce or make your own by cooking sugar until it caramelizes, then adding cream and butter.
- Chocolate sauce: The classic dip for churros is chocolate sauce. You can use melted dark, milk, or white chocolate, or even make a homemade chocolate ganache by combining chocolate and heavy cream.
- Dulce de leche: Dulce de leche is a sweet, caramel-like sauce popular in Latin American countries. You can make your own by simmering sweetened condensed milk or buy it pre-made.
- Cream cheese frosting: For a tangy dip, try cream cheese frosting. You can combine cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract.
- Fruit puree: Try dipping your churros in fruit puree for a lighter option. You can use raspberry, strawberry, or blueberry puree, or even make your own by blending fresh fruit with a little sugar.
These are just a few of my favorite dip options but feel free to experiment with your own ideas!
How to Store Leftover Churros
We rarely have leftovers because these are always such a hit but if you do have leftovers, you can enjoy them later! To do this, let them cool down to room temperature, wrap them tightly in plastic wrap or aluminum foil, and place them in an airtight container or resealable plastic bag. You can also freeze them for longer storage. When you’re ready to eat the leftover churros, reheat them in the oven or microwave until heated through.Print