If you love mint goodies, then our peppermint and cream cheese Christmas Mints are meant for you!
Indulge in the enchanting flavors of Creamy Christmas Mints, a delectable seasonal treat that will elevate your holiday celebrations to new heights. Crafted with love using the finest cream cheese and powdered sugar, these melt-in-your-mouth confections are the epitome of a festive treat.
Why You Will Love These Christmas Mints
Taste Sensation: Each bite of these delightful mints reveals a velvety smooth texture that gently dissolves on your tongue. The cream cheese base infuses the mints with a delicate tanginess, perfectly complemented by the subtle sweetness of powdered sugar.
Festive Designs: Our Creamy Christmas Mints are lovingly handcrafted into charming shapes and designs that capture the essence of the season. From classic candy cane swirls to dainty snowflakes and merry holly leaves, these mints not only tantalize your taste buds but also add a touch of festive elegance to your holiday table.
Perfect for Gifting: Spread the holiday cheer by sharing these irresistible mints with friends and family. Whether you’re hosting a Christmas gathering, attending a festive party, or looking for thoughtful stocking stuffers, these mints are sure to delight everyone and become an instant holiday favorite.
Versatile Treat: Beyond being a delightful after-dinner indulgence, Creamy Christmas Mints also make for a versatile treat. Serve them as a sweet side kick to your hot cocoa, a delightful addition to dessert platters, or simply enjoy them as a guilt-free guilty pleasure throughout the holiday season.
Ingredients & Substitutions
- Powdered sugar: Powdered sugar, also known as confectioners’ sugar, is the primary sweetener in the mints, providing a smooth and sweet taste.
- Cream cheese: Cream cheese adds richness and a creamy texture to the mints, creating a luscious consistency.
- Butter: Softened butter contributes a buttery flavor and helps bind the ingredients together, creating a smooth and cohesive mixture.
- Peppermint: Peppermint extract or peppermint flavoring is the key ingredient that imparts a refreshing and minty taste to the mints.
- Red and green food coloring: These food colorings are used to add vibrant holiday-themed colors to the mints, enhancing their visual appeal.
How to Make Christmas Mints
- Stand Mixer
- Piping bag with a star tip
- Parchment paper
For full instructions, please view the recipe card below:
- Combine all of the ingredients in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment.
- Beat together for 3 minutes and then use the handle of a spoon or a toothpick to place 3 lines of red or green food coloring in a piping bag fitted with a star tip.
- Lay a sheet of parchment paper down.
- Pipe little swirls onto the parchment, making sure none of them touch, until all of the mint mixture is used.
- Once all of the mints are piped, leave in the open air for 24 hours to dry completely.
For the piping bag, you can use the High Grip Disposable Piping Bag or a Plastic Coated canvas. The High Grip Disposable Piping Bag is microwave safe and is best for swirling and creating the Christmas Mints stripe design. On the other hand, the Plastic Coated Canvas is long-lasting and a bit sturdier for piping the mints onto the parchment paper.
You can also enjoy these Christmas Mints with our Easy Peppermint Fudge and Chocolate Covered Strawberries with Toffee Bits! A few bites of the mints offer a chunk of peppermint fudge will leave your mouth tingling with delight. And if you’re looking for something to balance out the mintiness, then the Chocolate Covered Strawberries will do the trick.
Homemade soft peppermint candy recipes should be slightly stiff with a heady aroma. Should you find your Christmas Mints crunch or don’t have a strong minty aroma, I would store those for personal use and try recreating the batch again.
This time, pay particular attention when beating the mixture, ensuring that you don’t exceed the three minute timeframe. Also, leaving the mints in the open air for more than 24 hours will cause them to harden. After 24 hours, transfer the Christmas Mints to an air-tight container and storage in the refrigerator.Print