These brownies are fudgy, light, chocolatey, gooey and healthy all wrapped into one. The zucchini keeps them moist while also making them more nutritious than any brownie you can find at a store. Enjoy them as an afternoon snack, dessert, or even for breakfast!
These brownies are some serious magic. They are moist and gooey and fall apart in your mouth, just how a brownie should be. You know I love a good chocolate dessert, like these avocado pillow cookies and you know I especially love combining it with zucchini, like in my triple chocolate avocado zucchini bread. I just love how moist adding zucchini to baked goods make them, without affecting the taste! And these are no exception. They are even better when you smother them in my 5 ingredient healthy chocolate frosting. So do yourself a favor, make a batch (or three).
Like I said, one of the coolest things about zucchini is that it doesn’t affect the taste of baked goods. Which means no one ever has to know there is a vegetable inside their brownie! Great for sneaking some greens in for those picky eaters or just to set some extra nutrition in while you dessert!
If you are looking for a non-chocolate zucchini baked good, I highly recommend my cranberry walnut zucchini bread.
Let’s Make Some Chocolate Zucchini Brownies!
Alright now it’s time for you tips to ensure we get you the perfect brownie the first time around:
- I have not tested this with different flours. Coconut flour bakes really different than other flours, so I’d be careful before swapping it out. Just be prepared for a different texture!
- You can definitely buy oat flour and use that instead of making your own. I just like not having to buy one more type of flour! Plus it is a little less refined this way. Just make sure it is certified gluten free if that is important to you!
- I don’t remove the skin from my zucchini! You can’t taste it and it provides extra fiber and nutrients.
- I don’t like my desserts overly sweet. While I think these are plenty sweet, if you are one that likes things extra sweet, I might add a little more Stevia.
- Lastly, to ensure this is dairy free make sure you buy dairy free chocolate chips like these ones, or just use cacao nibs!
In addition to the listed ingredients, you will need:
- a grater
- 2 mixing bowls
- food processor (if making your own oat flour)
- an 8×8 pan
- parchment paper
- toothpick (optional – to test done-ness)
Are you ready for this magic??Print
If you try this recipe, I’d love hear about your experience! Leave a comment below letting me know your thoughts. And if you remake on Instagram don’t forget to tag me at @donutworry_behealthy so I can see your creation and share on my stories and send my support!
↓PIN ME FOR LATER↓