The BEST chocolate chip pumpkin bread recipe made with real pumpkin puree, lots of chocolate chips, and sweet cinnamon spice. This gluten free pumpkin bread is moist and flavorful and a healthier option to the traditional treat.
This post is sponsored by my friends at Torani.
No fall is complete without pumpkin bread right?? I tried to perfect this last year and never quite got one I was happy enough with to share so I am really excited to be sharing this now!
This gluten free pumpkin bread is moist and flavorful, it is FILLED with chocolate chips, is the perfect amount of sweet and filled with fall spices! My recommendation is to serve it warm so you get all the gooey greatness that melted chocolate brings.
If you are ready to get your hands on other pumpkin recipes be sure to check out my gluten free chocolate chip pumpkin muffins, and my pumpkin spice pecan butter blondies, or for some fun savory options with pumpkin you’ve gotta try my pumpkin sloppy joes and my vegan pumpkin alfredo sauce.
Ingredients You’ll Need for Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread:
- Gluten free all purpose flour – I used gluten free all purpose flour for this recipe, but you can also make it with whole wheat flour if you don’t need it to be gluten free.
- Eggs – Eggs help bind the bread, especially important when baking with gluten free flours.
- Pumpkin puree – Gotta use real pumpkin for the pumpkin flavor! But it adds not only the flavor, it also helps make the texture nice and moist and adds some great nutrients to the bread!
- Greek yogurt – I use yogurt to help make this bread nice and fluffy and moist. The acidity in the yogurt helps activate the baking soda. You can also sub with a dairy free plain. yogurt if you’d like.
- Spices – the blend of cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger add so much great fall flavor to complement the pumpkin. We also added salt to bring depth to the overall flavor profile.
- Baking soda and baking powder – to help make the bread fluffy!
- Torani Pumpkin Pie Puremade Sauce – I used this to both sweeten and flavor the bread. It has sweetener in it so I don’t have to add anything else which I love, plus it adds pumpkin spice flavor. If you can’t get your hands on any I’d recommend subbing 1 for 1 with maple syurp or agave and then adding a couple teaspoons of pumpkin pie spice.
- Chocolate chips – for the chocolate of course! I love using dark chocolate chips but you can use any you prefer.
Tips for the Perfect Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread!
- Starting with the flour – I used gluten free all purpose flour for this recipe, but have also made it with whole wheat flour, so if you are okay with gluten you can use either one. I have not tried it with any other swaps (like almond or coconut flour) so I cannot promise how those will turn out. I’d stick to all purpose.
- I used Torani’s Pumpkin Pie Puremade Sauce as both my sweetener and my pumpkin spice flavoring in this recipe. I loved baking with it because it mixes into everything so well, bakes perfectly, and kills two birds with one stone by making the recipe sweet and pumpkin spice-y at the same time! If you don’t have this or can’t find it, I recommend subbing 1 for 1 with a sticky sweetener like maple syrup or agave, and then adding a couple teaspoons of pumpkin pie spice.
And that is it really! This is a pretty easy bread recipe. But if you have questions on something I didn’t address, don’t hesitate to reach out. You can ask by leaving a comment at the end of this post, or just shooting me a message on Instagram!
In addition to the listed ingredients, you will need:
- a bread pan
- oil to grease pan
- two mixing bowls
- a whisk (or fork will do)
- toothpick to test
- aluminum foil
And that should be all you need for the perfect gluten free pumpkin bread!Print
If you try this recipe please leave a comment below letting me know your thoughts! If you remake on Instagram don’t forget to tag us at @donutworry_behealthy and @Torani and hashtag #ToraniPuremadeSauce so we can see your creation and re-share!
↓PIN ME FOR LATER↓