Moist and fluffy, packed with melty chocolate chips, and sweetened with bananas and a little maple syrup. The best and only chocolate banana bread recipe you will ever need!
When chocolate meets banana meets bread. A love triangle made in heaven if you ask me. This bread uses the natural sweetness of bananas, along with whole wheat flour, pasture raised eggs, and pure maple syrup to give you a healthy loaf that basically tastes like chocolate cake. And you can eat it for breakfast! Using coconut oil makes this extra soft and fluffy and provides more of the healthy fats our bodies need. Spread some of my homemade vanilla spice walnut butter on it, some peanut butter yogurt dip, go a little crazy and pair it with my chocolate buttercream sweet potato frosting – or just eat it by itself because it is good all on its own!
When you are done drooling over this loaf be sure to check out my triple chocolate avocado zucchini bread if you are still wanting more chocolate, my vegan banana bread for a great classic, or my apple cinnamon bun banana bread for something fun and different!
Ingredients You’ll Need for the BEST Chocolate Banana Bread:
- Whole wheat flour – I love using whole wheat flour because it retains more fiber and nutrients than white flour. But you could sub for all purpose flour, or even gluten free all purpose flour for a gluten free banana bread recipe.
- Bananas – duh! I use three in this one so the texture is grrreat and they really do a lot of the sweetening for us!
- Maple syrup – To make it a little more sweet, we add maple syrup for a refined sugar free option
- Cocoa powder – to make it chocolate of course! You can also use cacao powder for even more nutrients.
- Eggs – to bind and lift our bread!
- Coconut oil – adds healthy fats and makes our texture perfectttt
- Dairy free milk – to add moisture without any dairy
- Baking powder – to make sure our bread is nice and fluffy!
- Salt – salt adds depth to the other flavors
Let’s Make The BEST Chocolate Banana Bread!
This recipe is pretty similar to most banana bread recipes – just with chocolate! But the steps are pretty the same. However here are some tips to make sure you get the perfect loaf the first time:
- When mashing your banana – leave a few lumps in there! Makes for a great texture and some little bursts of sweetness 🙂
- After you melt your coconut oil, let it cool a little – not completely, you just don’t want it boiling hot because you don’t want it to start cooking your egg.
- I don’t measure chocolate chips – add those to your hearts desire!
If you have a question I didn’t answer don’t hesitate to reach out! You can leave a comment below or shoot me a DM on Instagram and I am happy to help!
In addition to the listed ingredients you will need:
- a fork
- a large mixing bowl
- a bread pan
- oil to grease your pan with (or parchment paper)
Are you ready for the BEST chocolate banana bread you will ever have?? Enjoy!Print
If you make this recipe please leave a comment below letting me know your thoughts! If you remake on Instagram don’t forget to tag me at @donutworry_behealthy so I can see your creation and share in my stories!
↓PIN ME FOR LATER↓