This homemade Carrot Cake has a delicious spice cake flavor filled with fresh carrots and topped with an easy homemade cream cheese frosting. It’s simply the best!
This Carrot Cake recipe sets the bar pretty high for other cakes. It’s super moist, fluffy, and packed with spice. Plus, it’s effortless to make! It comes together quickly without any fancy equipment, not even a mixer. I know carrot cakes are typically reserved for Easter, but with the cozy warming spices, it should be a dessert that’s enjoyed all year long!
Variations and Substitutions
- This recipe does not include any nuts, but if you enjoy nuts in your carrot cake feel free to add in some chopped walnuts or pecans, about ½ cup depending on your preference.
- For even more flavor, toast the nuts before adding to the cake batter.
- You can also add raisins if you would like – about ¼ cup
- If you can’t get enough of the spice flavor, stir in 1-2 teaspoons ground cinnamon into the cream cheese frosting.
How to Make Carrot Cake
Tips for Perfect Carrot Cake
- Grate the carrots finely to ensure they are well incorporated into the cake batter and create a moist texture. Do not use pre-shredded carrots.
- Don’t overmix the batter. Overmixing can cause the cake to be tough and dry. Mix until just combined, and avoid over-stirring.
- Use high-quality ingredients, including fresh spices, pure vanilla extract, and quality butter. This will give your cake a rich, flavorful taste.
- Consider adding texture to the cake by including nuts or raisins.
- Allow the cake to cool completely before adding frosting. This will ensure that the frosting doesn’t melt or slide off the cake.
You can use store-bought cream cheese frosting if you’re short on time.
If you need to soften your butter quickly, place a large bowl of water in the microwave and heat until the bowl is warm. Place the butter on a plate and cover it with the warm bowl. The heat from the bowl will gently soften tterhe but.Print