These easy brownie cookies are the ultimate chocolate treat. They’re delightfully chewy with slightly crispy edges. You won’t be able to stop at just one!
I have to admit that scooping out the dough mixture for Brownie Cookies and placing them on the lined parchment paper is my absolute favorite part of the process. After folding in all ingredients, you’re hit with this wickedly fragrant aroma of hot cocoa and butter that you can’t help but want to lick the scooper- or the bowl, for that matter.
Why You’ll Love Brownie Cookies
- Only requires nine (9) ingredients
- Bakes in less than 30 minutes
- Freezer safe
- Makes the perfect gifts
Brownie Cookie Ingredients
These brownie cookies are surprisingly simple to make from scratch but if you want an even easier recipe, try my brownie mix cookies! For these cookies, here’s what you need:
- All purpose flour
- Granulated sugar
- Cocoa powder
- Baking powder
- Vegetable oil
- Flakey salt (optional)
How To Make Brownie Cookies
- Large bowl
- Small saucepan
- Baking sheet
- Parchment paper
- Cookie scoop
- Airtight container
For full instructions, please new the recipe card below.
- Preheat your oven to 375 F.
- Take two (2) large bowls, and in 1, whisk together your dry ingredients until thoroughly blended.
- In the 2nd bowl, whisk together your eggs and vegetable oil.
- Grab a small saucepan and melt your chocolate until it becomes a rich and creamy texture.
- Combine your remaining ingredients and then place them in the fridge to chill for 15 minutes.
- Once chilled, remove from fridge, scoop 1/4″ inch scoop onto the parchment paper, then bake for approximately 16 minutes.
- Once done, immediately transfer to a rack to cool before serving.
How to Melt Chocolate
Melting chocolate in the microwave is a quick and easy way to prepare chocolate for recipes such as cakes, brownies, or chocolate-covered strawberries. Here’s how to melt chocolate in the microwave:
- Break the chocolate into small pieces: Use a sharp knife to chop the chocolate into small, even-sized pieces. This will help the chocolate melt evenly.
- Place the chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl: Choose a microwave-safe bowl that is large enough to hold the chocolate without overflowing.
- Microwave the chocolate: Heat the chocolate in the microwave on high power for 30 seconds. After 30 seconds, remove the bowl from the microwave and stir the chocolate.
- Continue microwaving in 15-second intervals: Place the bowl back in the microwave and heat for an additional 15 seconds. Remove the bowl and stir again. Continue microwaving in 15-second intervals, stirring after each interval, until the chocolate is completely melted and smooth.
- Be careful not to overheat: Be careful not to overheat the chocolate as it can burn or seize, which can ruin the texture and flavor. It is better to heat the chocolate in shorter intervals and stir in between, rather than overheating it and risking ruining it.
- Use the melted chocolate immediately: Once the chocolate is melted, use it immediately in your recipe or transfer it to a heatproof container and keep it warm in a warm water bath until ready to use.
How to Reheat Brownie Cookies
If you have leftovers and you want to enjoy that just-from-the-oven taste, wrap the brownies in a moist- not drenched- paper towel before placing them into the microwave for 10 seconds.Print