This one-pan baked mushroom stroganoff is so creamy and delicious, you won’t believe how easy it is! Everything cooks in the oven, even the noodles!
My husband Alex loves mushrooms, but I’ve just recently started eating them. He loves mushrooms stroganoff, and while it’s normally made on the stovetop, I thought it would be fun to try a baked version. It turned out to be easier than I expected because I was able to let the mushrooms and the noodles bake together in one dish. Then all that’s left is stirring in some sour cream and seasoning! I really can’t believe how simple this recipe is.
Baked Mushroom Stroganoff Ingredients
- Broth– You can use beef broth. Or if you want to keep it vegetarian, you can use a beef-style broth like this one from Edward & Sons. You can use your favorite vegetable broth but since this recipe has a very simple ingredients list, it’s important that you use a broth with lots of flavor.
- Sliced mushrooms– You can use button or crimini mushrooms.
- Egg noodles– I used extra wide egg noodles, but any size will be fine.
- Sour cream– Be sure to use real sour cream and not Greek yogurt. (I tried it with Greek yogurt, and I do not recommend it!)
- Salt & pepper– Be sure to add plenty of seasoning to taste.
How to Make Baked Mushroom Stroganoff
- You can use vegetable broth, beef broth, or even chicken broth. I like using a vegetarian-friendly “beef” style broth like this one from Edward & Sons.
- I like using traditional egg noodles, but you can use the “no-yolk” style egg noodles if you want to cut down on the fat in this recipe.
- Try substituting 1/2 cup of the broth for dry white wine to add even more flavor to this dish.
- To enhance the flavor even more, try adding 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce. Be sure to buy a vegetarian-friendly brand since many brands contain fish.
How to Store Leftovers
If you have leftovers, store them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days. To reheat, microwave on 50% power until heated through. If the stroganoff is dry after warming, add a splash of broth and a spoonful of sour cream to create a creamy texture.
What to Serve with Mushroom Stroganoff
Looking for the perfect side dish to round out your meal? Pair it with this oven roasted vegetables for a deliciously colorful meal. Or serve it with this harvest quinoa salad for a tasty way to enjoy your greens.Print