Why choose between french toast and waffles for breakfast when you can have both?! These apple pie french toast waffles take the best of our two favorite morning meals, combines them with the most amazing fall flavor, and does it in a healthy way that is also delicious!
Okay yall not trying to toot my own horn, but this one is a winnnnnner. Combining two of the best breakfasts AND making it fall flavored?? You are going to want to save this one.
The apple pie flavor simply comes from a spice so if that is not your thing you could just use cinnamon, or even pumpkin spice if you prefer!
If you are a big french toast person you DEFINITELY need to try my hot chocolate french toast, my funfetti french toast or my granola crusted french toast for something really fun. And if waffles are more your thing, go check out my three ingredient sweet potato protein waffles. or my spicy savory waffles for a different spin!
Ingredients You’ll Need for Apple Pie French Toast Waffles:
So this is basically the same as if you were making a regular french toast, because we just put the bread in the waffle maker! I also use apple pie spice instead of cinnamon to easily give you that apple flavor. So here is the full list:
- Bread – you can use any bread you want for this! You don’t want it to be too thick though because you want it to be able to fit in your waffle maker. You can use paleo, gluten free, anything you need. I’ve made it with cinnamon raisin bread and that also adds a nice touch.
- Eggs – for the egg mixture to dip your bread in! I know some people have made french toast with flax eggs but I’ve never tried it so I can’t say if it works well or doesn’t.
- Milk – I use almond milk to make this dairy free, but you can use any milk you want!
- Apple pie spice – the easiest way to add some apple pie flavor to these. Just swap the cinnamon for apple pie spice!
- Apples – to add to the apple fun, I like to saute some fresh apples and put them on top of the french toast. While I’d say this is optional, it comes highly recommended 😉
And that is it! Let’s get to making some french toast.
Let’s Make Some Apple Pie French Toast Waffles!
- Cut your bread if you’d like – I used a mini waffle maker so I took a large cup and used the top of that to cut these into a circle. Do you need to be that precise? No. But that makes them a nice perfect circle for ya!
- Dip and drain – I like to get a good dip for my french toast to make sure I get all the flavor, but just let it drain a little before you move it to the waffle maker so your french toast isn’t too eggy.
- The amount of egg mixture was literally perfect for these three slices, so if you want to make more I’d double that part of the recipe.
And that is it!
In addition to the listed ingredients, you will need:
- a waffle maker
- a bowl for your egg mixture
- a whisk or fork
If you try this recipe please leave a comment below letting me know what you think! If you remake on Instagram don’t forget to tag me at @donutworry_behealthy so I can see your creation and share in my stories!
↓PIN ME FOR LATER↓