Spruce up store bought Nutter Butter cookies for Halloween! These Halloween Ghost Cookies are so frightfully easy to make with only three ingredients! They will be a hit with goblins of all ages!
Three ingredient easy Halloween Ghost Cookies are such a cute and festive treat that your kids are going to love! The best part – they are easy enough for the kids to make own their own! They are perfect for the kids to make and show off at a class party or Halloween event. Or you could simply keep them all to yourselves as a special afterschool snack.
What are Nutter Butter Cookies?
Nutter Butter cookies are a popular sandwich cookie. They have a distinctive peanut shape and are made with a peanut-flavored cookie dough. The cookies are usually crisp and crunchy, and they are filled with a sweet peanut butter-flavored cream.
How to Make Homemade Nutter Butter Cookies
If you want to use a homemade cookie recipe, try these homemade nut butter cookies as a replacement! Just shape them into large peanuts before baking, so you can still turn them into ghosts!
- White Chocolate– You can use regular white chocolate chips or white candy melts.
- Nutter Butter Cookies– These storebought peanut butter cookies can be found at most grocery stores.
- Black Cookie Frosting– I like the Betty Crocker brand which comes in a pouch with a fine tip.
How to Melt Chocolate in the Microwave
- Place the desired amount of chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl. It’s best to use a microwave-safe glass or ceramic bowl.
- Microwave the chocolate chips on medium power (50% power) for 30 seconds.
- Remove the bowl from the microwave and give the chocolate chips a stir with a dry spatula or spoon. This helps to distribute the heat evenly and prevents overheating.
- Return the bowl to the microwave and continue microwaving on medium power for another 30 seconds.
- Again, take the bowl out and stir the chocolate chips. Repeat this process of microwaving in 30-second intervals and stirring until the chocolate chips are almost completely melted.
- At this point, reduce the microwave time to 15-second intervals and continue stirring until the chocolate chips are fully melted. Be cautious not to overheat the chocolate, as it can become grainy or burn.
- Once the chocolate chips are completely melted, they are ready to be used for dipping, drizzling, or any other application in your recipe.
Tips For Melting Chocolate
- Use a microwave-safe bowl to prevent the bowl from getting too hot.
- Be cautious not to get any water or moisture into the chocolate, as it can cause the chocolate to seize or become lumpy.
- Stirring the chocolate at each interval helps distribute the heat and ensures even melting.