Be sure to save room for something sweet! We’ve got 20 of the most unique Thanksgiving desserts, including cheesecakes, pies, cookies, cakes and even ice cream! We challenge you not to gobble up these goodies before dinner!
We all know that Turkey is the star of the show, but Thanksgiving Day just wouldn’t be complete without a deliciously decadent dessert table! Because everyone somehow manages to still find enough space to pile in a few Thanksgiving desserts after piling in the turkey and dressing. And as the closing course, you want them to be memorably good.
So, if you’re in charge of bringing a few sweet treats to the family gathering this year, we encourage you to think outside the pie pan with any of these decadent delights that are well worth the impending food coma.
20+ Unique Thanksgiving Dessert Recipes
- Apple Pie Quick Bread – the sweet flavors of apple pie transformed into a healthy gluten-free vegan quick bread, a perfect autumn breakfast, snack, or even dessert!
- Brown Butter Cranberry Hazelnut Tart – the ideal closer for any autumn meal that you are planning to serve. It’s both light and rich, without being too heavy.
- Caramel Apple Cookie Bars – if you are looking for an easy treat with the yummy flavors of Fall, bake up a batch of these decadent bars.
- Chocolate Pecan Pie – made with dark chocolate, it’s arguably the most delicious dessert on the planet. And there’s no denying that it looks stunning on a Thanksgiving dessert table either.
- Cranberry Bread Pudding Holiday Cheesecake – have your bread pudding and cheesecake too! This will definitely be your new holiday cheesecake tradition.
- Crockpot Apples with Cinnamon – these slow cooker apples with cinnamon are a spiced and buttery easy dessert that will warm your heart — and your belly.
- Gluten-Free Apple Butter Bundt Cake with Cinnamon Glaze – combining the deep and rich flavors of apple butter and seasonal spices for one healthy and sweet recipe treat!
- Gluten-Free Crustless Apple Pie – everything an apple pie should be, but better & easier! It’s vegan, top-8 allergy-free, and naturally sweet!
- Gluten-Free Crustless Sweet Potato Pie – all the flavors you love in an old-fashioned Southern sweet potato pie, but easier, healthier, and without the crust! This quick and healthy twist on a classic will be a winning recipe for the holiday season!
- Gluten-Free Pumpkin Pie – this gluten-free, vegan, and dairy-free recipe is easy, healthy and positively scrumptious! Coconut milk adds extra creaminess in this perfect autumn recipe.
- Healthy Apple Crisp – the best healthy apple crisp you’ll make. This easy vegan recipe is ready in under an hour and the perfect healthy option for a Fall dessert.
- No Bake Pumpkin Bars – these no bake pumpkin bars are the perfect treat to serve around the holidays.
- Healthy Pumpkin Bread – decadent, moist and bursting with pumpkin spice and chocolate chips, this healthy recipe is a classic with a twist!
- Healthy Pumpkin Roll – tastes just as good as the original with less calories and sugar. You’ll feel lighter while still enjoying your favorite holiday treat!
- No Churn Pumpkin Pecan Ice Cream – this easy ice cream has plenty of pumpkin spice, and the bold flavor of real pumpkin.
- Pecan Pie Cobbler – an easier alternative to pecan pie! It combines traditional pecan pie with a light, fluffy biscuit topping.
- Pumpkin Bread Pudding – all the flavors of pumpkin pie, drizzled with warm maple syrup & served with vanilla ice cream. This bread pudding will be your favorite Fall dessert.
- Pumpkin Dump Cake – this easy Fall dessert is a fool proof, fun, and easy alternative to pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving!
- Skinny Pumpkin Cheesecake with Oreo Cookie Crust – Weight Watchers friendly, it makes a great Thanksgiving dessert idea and is the perfect pumpkin pie alternative!
- Spiced Pear Custard Pie – creamy and tangy, this pie uses fresh pears and a spiced custard filling. Topped with a crumbly streusel, it’s a tasty way to celebrate fall.
- Swedish Apple Pie – a pie that’s as easy to make as a crisp, perfect served with vanilla ice cream or custard on top.
- Thanksgiving Dessert Turkeys – these turkeys are pretty stinking adorable! Requiring only a few ingredients, you can fill the dessert table with these cute little turkeys that kids and adults both will love.
- Vegan Pumpkin Pie – it has a richer and creamier pumpkin filling than your traditional pumpkin pie! A great grain-free and gluten-free pie for Thanksgiving dessert.